Research Majors & Careers
Not sure what you want to do with your life? Take some time and do some research. Students can stop by the Student Services Office to make an appointment to take interest/career inventories to help focus on careers that best fit their abilities and interests, discuss educational requirements, working conditions, job market information, and salary expectations.
There are also websites for you to research majors and career ideas to assess your knowledge and talents to determine your career path.
If you may want to transfer from a two-year college to a four-year college anywhere in the U.S., use
College Search. It can help you research potential colleges and identify the ones with the majors and programs that meet your needs.
Many community colleges have special transfer relationships, called articulation agreements, with specific four-year colleges. These agreements show how the courses you complete at the community college apply toward graduation requirements at the four-year college. The agreements may apply to individual courses or complete degrees. They help take the guesswork out of course selection. Some colleges post articulation agreements on their websites.
Transferology is a nation-wide network designed to help students answer the question "Will my courses transfer?". Within Transferology, students can find courses that transfer between institutions, degree requirements that courses satisfy, and different majors that institutions offer. To access this valuable resource, please visit
https://www.transferology.com/state/il?all. First time users will be required to create an account.
The Spoon River College Degree Completion Program offers graduates of Spoon River College the opportunity to complete a bachelor's degree at one of nine universities. Courses may be delivered online, on the SRC campus, or at our partnering colleges and universities.
Earn your bachelor's degree without interrupting your lifestyle
- Courses are offered through a variety of delivery methods including online, independent study and face-to-face.
- Several of the institutions allow SRC graduates to enroll in courses at SRC resulting in significant cost savings!
- Students have access to Spoon River College's computers and high-speed Internet access for online courses at the technology learning center, learning resource centers or cybercafes.
For More information, contact: Patrick Denecke, Advisor (309) 833-6022
Benedictine University (Courses at Springfield College in Springfield, Illinois)
- Bachelor of Arts in Business & Economics
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology Emphasis In Criminal Justice
Franklin University (Online)
- Bachelor of Science in Business:
- Business Administration
- Business Forensics
- Forensic Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Technology:
- Computer Science
- Digital Communication
- Information Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Management:
- Applied Management
- Financial Management
- Health Care Management
- Human Resources Management
- Management Information Sciences
- Public Safety Management
University of Illinois-Springfield (Online or on campus)
- Bachelor of Science in Biology
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Environmental Studies
- Bachelor of Arts in Economics
- Bachelor of Arts in English
- Bachelor of Arts in History
- Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies
- Bachelor of Arts in Mathematics
- Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy
- Teacher Certification in Secondary Mathematics
Western Illinois University (Independent Study, Online or On-Campus)
- Bachelor of Science in Biology
- Bachelor of Science in Business
- Bachelor of Arts in General Studies (BGS)
- Bachelor of Science in Fire Protection Services
- Bachelor of Science in Geology (Option 1 – Physics)
- Bachelor of Science Geology (Option 2 – Biology)
- Bachelor of Science in Instructional Design & Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Physics
- Bachelor of Social Work (Articulation Agreement)